Start a new topic
Answered

Auto-suggested Search Locations - problem when there is a duplicate name

Hi BD

In Australia, there is sometimes the same city/suburb name in different states.

An example of this is Seven Hills. This is a suburb/city in Queensland with a postcode of 4170. However Seven Hills is also a suburb/city in New South Wales with a postcode of 2147.

So when a user searches my directory, how will they know the difference when the location is auto suggested?

This is how it currently displays:

Would it be possible to add in the State after the city/suburb when it gets suggested so the user knows which one to click on?

Best Answer

Hi @Sean, 

About the first post: "Auto-Suggested Search Locations - Problem When There Is A Duplicate Name".

* Seven Hills, Queensland 

*Seven Hills, New South Wales 

To make this work you need to change the setting autosuggest_hide_country to the default of 0. This will then show the City / State in the Auto-suggest.

upload 2015-04-02 at 7.49.13 am.png

Please test it and let us know if you find any issue or if there is anything else we can assist you with. 

Thanks! :) 

Hi Sean, 

Thank you for your message. I created a ticket for you, we will let you know when this is implemented in our Software.

This would be great if/when it's implemented. Seems like there is a large contingency of Australians using BD platform so would benefit a few of us.

Hi Tai, 

This is in our Development Team tickets, so it will be implemented soon.

I have an UPDATE for you guys. 

We have updated the framework to now include website timezone. 

Please navigate to Settings >> General Settings >> Configuration there is a drop down to select your time zone. 

Once this changes, then all the dates will change in your website and admin and will be recorded at the new date.

This change will be reflected on all features and the lead email that members receive for new leads/inquiries.  

Please test it on your sites and let me know if you find any issue. We are testing this functionality in all sites.

Hi Luana. I have some feedback about the date setting here: http://support.brilliantdirectories.com/support/discussions/topics/5000039381 (I think it works in some parts of the site but not everywhere. Thank you for implementing this feature however. It is great to see BD continually improve its platform :))
Hi Sean, can you please post ANY parts where the date does not work correctly. This is for debugging -> fixing later on. With your help we can prevent forest fir... I mean we can fix any small bugs not found yet. Thanks a million.

Certainly Luis, i have added some screenshots in the link i included in my last post. I will continue to do testing and add to it if i discover more

Sean thank you for our feedback :) Please let us know if you find any bug about this new functionality, the idea is test it and find all bugs we can, so it will work perfectly soon. 

Answer

Hi @Sean, 

About the first post: "Auto-Suggested Search Locations - Problem When There Is A Duplicate Name".

* Seven Hills, Queensland 

*Seven Hills, New South Wales 

To make this work you need to change the setting autosuggest_hide_country to the default of 0. This will then show the City / State in the Auto-suggest.

upload 2015-04-02 at 7.49.13 am.png

Please test it and let us know if you find any issue or if there is anything else we can assist you with. 

1 person likes this