Start a new topic
Answered

Form is not working for New Member Feature

I need help with a form and a member feature.  I added a new feature to members features and then created a form in form manager with a matching form name but the form is not redirected from the feature for members to fill out info from there and create the feature.

Best Answer

Hi Coco, 

I have your answer. 

Please go to your new form and copy the form variable: Ex: competition_fields (See image attached)

Then navigate to Members >> Member Features >> Click on "Edit" in the New Feature 

Then scroll down and find the option: "Form to Use" --> Please paste your form variable

Don't forget to click on "Save Changes". 

Now you will have your form linked to your new feature :)

Let me know if you have further questions!

Thanks! 

1 person has this question

Hi Coco, sorry to be such a pain but could you please explain / edit the question better. Am trying to grasp the root of the problem so I can give you an excellent answer. If you need to show me your site, you can always send it to my email at luis@brilliantdirectories.com

Thanks buddy.

sure, I added a new member feature, I created a new form to go with it. but when I have to plug in the form name on the  member feature it publishes on the directory profile page as a member feature but when they click on it to create it it is a blank screen, the form I made is not functioning correctly when published.

anyone know why the form is not working when I publish the new member feature I created?

Hi Coco, i currently do not know but am gonna go have a look. Is it still happening just to be sure is not dns / cache / browser or any temp problem. Also if you have anything else to add to the bug you are experiencing please let me know to have a better idea on how to go about. Thanks Coco and big hug.

I am having the same issue on a Member Features. This one is a feature "Gift Certificate" Someone name Luana gave me some hints by going into member features and copy coupon and changing the name and URL permalink. Also in search results change name. It is blank also.  Help

I tried to copy another form and just change the wording but no good. I am going to call them this monday and see if I can get anywhere. 

Answer

Hi Coco, 

I have your answer. 

Please go to your new form and copy the form variable: Ex: competition_fields (See image attached)

Then navigate to Members >> Member Features >> Click on "Edit" in the New Feature 

Then scroll down and find the option: "Form to Use" --> Please paste your form variable

Don't forget to click on "Save Changes". 

Now you will have your form linked to your new feature :)

Let me know if you have further questions!

Thanks! 

I found out the fix from Dennis, I was using Gift Certificate as a tab name and was receiving a blank screen and the function would not work. It was suppose to be Gift-Certificate with a dash. Wow it worked. might want to ask Dennis T.

it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! @ LUANA

You're welcome!! @Coco :) 

I keep on receiving a email stating  in Form is not working for New Member Feature

Mine is working now. Do not need further emails on this question

Hi Greg, the freshdesk system notifies you if the Follow option is activated (The Star symbol on the top right). To turn it off, simply press W. The option is automatically activated if you have written to the thread or clicked on the Star.