Start a new topic
Answered

How to read contact form messages?

When someone submits a message viia the contact form, how do I read that message?

Should the admin also receive that message via email?

Best Answer

Hi JJ, sorry for being so late. This awesome guy here answered your question. From the looks of him, he knows a thing or two about the system and has pretty good knowledge to share, apart from making some good questions every time.

Hi JJ, you can see it form your Backend Dashboard by going to Go to Emails -> Inbox. You can also see other type of Emails by going to Go to Emails -> Email Lists which shows you different type of Emails received.

For the part about the Admin receiving that message, I leave it you for an answer considering the following scenario:

Your site is successful with over 10K members. Each member receives a minimum of 1 email per day. If the Admin also receives that information, he/she would be getting 10K emails a day, minimum. Super hard to start categorizing them and whatnot, not to mention making for example a stat system through your email and other stuff.

Now imagine 5 emails a day for each member... on a site with 50K members. Holy spaghetti!!

If you still wish to activate such a feature, you can always visit the marketplace. I would love to also hear your thoughts about it. What do you think?

Tanks for the reply Luis.

When I go to Emails - Inbox, what do I click on to see the message content? All I see is this

It doesnt show any details  apart from a name. How do I see the body of the message? How do I read the message?

In response to your scenario, the contact form message I refer to is the contact form of the main site, not individual members.

I just think it would make a lot of sense that if someone completes the Contact Us form, that is part of the main site, to maybe ask a pre joining question or maybe a technical question, then that message gets sent to the admin in an email.

If this doesnt happen the admin will only know they received a message when they log into the admin control panel and go to Email - Inbox page. This does not seem efficient at all

Luis, with the information above, I am unsure if maybe our system isnt working correctly. Can you confirm

Answer

Hi JJ, sorry for being so late. This awesome guy here answered your question. From the looks of him, he knows a thing or two about the system and has pretty good knowledge to share, apart from making some good questions every time.