What is a Static Page?
A Static Page is a page does not have any dynamic content. Your website only comes with a few default static pages since the majority of your web pages are Dynamic Pages (search result pages, profile pages and feature post content).
Some of the most common default Static Pages include:
- Contact Us Page
- About Us Page
- Get Matched Page
- Pricing Page
- Login Page
Where Are Static Pages Located In The Admin?
- ADMIN >> CONTENT >> EDIT PAGES
To add a new static web page, follow these steps:
- In your Admin area go to CONTENT >> ADD NEW PAGE
- When adding the content to this page, make sure you also set the permalink (The URL name option. eg: family) to it apart from any other content you wish to add.
- The most common areas used in this area of the admin include:
- H1 - The primary title for your webpage. The size of your H1 in controlled in Design Settings in the "Additional Designs" tab.
- H2 - Sub title for you webpage. This is also controlled in Design Settings in the "Additional Designs" tab.
- Permalink - Add a unique value with no spaces or special characters. It is important not to use the same URL structure used by your membership features as this will be a conflict in the system.
- Source Code - Click here to paste custom HTML Code.
- When you have completed working on your page click on "Save This Page"
- To make the new webpage visible to others you will need to either add it to the main menu or add a link to an existing page that points to the new page that you have created.
Editing/Copying/Deleting An Existing Static Page
To edit, delete or copy an existing Static Page please follow these steps:
- Login to the Admin area of your site
- Content -> Edit Web Pages
- Locate the page you would like to edit, copy or remove from the list of existing pages and click on the appropriate action:
- View Page