The built-in email system is designed for emailing active members of your site whom have requested to receive emails from you. A good example of a good use for this too would be to send a monthly newsletter to your members. The email system will also send transactional emails that include new member signup notifactions, credit card update notifications, and lead emails.
Sending mass unsolicited emails to the Claim Listings or an imported contact list would be considered SPAM, which is illegal by US law and would likely result in the blacklisting of future emails from your domain. In some cases, sending SPAM messages may lead to damaging the other sites on the server and can also lead to the termination of your account with Brilliant Directories.
To send a newsletter to your Newsletter subscribers please follow these instructions:
Important Note: You must have a newsletter template ready in order to send a newsletter campaign. Click here to learn how to create a newsletter.
1. Login to the Admin Portal
2. Go to EMAIL >> EMAIL CAMPAIGNS
3. Click on "New Email Campaign"
4. Set the “Campaign Status” field to “Ready”
5. Enter a name for this campaign into the “Email Nickname:” field
6. Select an email template from the “Email Template:” dropdown
7. Set the time you wish the email campaign to begin in the “Send Time:” fields
8. Select the total number of emails you wish to send in this campaign in the “Total Emails to Send:” field (we recommend sending batches of no more than 100 at a time, especially if you have not had previous contact with the people you are sending emails to)
9. Under the “Select Lists to Email” area, click on the checkbox next to the Contact List(s) and/or Member List(s) you wish to send the email to . This is where you would select your Newsletter List:
10. Click on the “Save Email Campaign” button and then your email campaign will be scheduled to be sent out
To check on the status of the campaign, navigate to Emails >> Email Campaigns to see a list of all current and past email campaigns you have sent out