Brilliant Directories now makes it easy to clone (copy) entire menus, or copy menu sections within a menu itself. We will cover both new updates in this documentation.
Copying An Entire Menu
In this example, I will show you the steps to take if I wanted to create a second pricing page for a website. This would save a lot of setup time as you can image.
To "copy" the pricing menu I would follow these steps:
- Go to TOOLBOX >> MENU MANAGER
- Hover over "ACTIONS" and select "Clone" for the Pricing Page Menu:
- Click on "Yes" when the "Confirm Clone" prompt shows up.
- A new menu with a unique variable and name will now show up as one of your menu options:
Click on "edit" to edit the new menu.
To call this form on your website you'll need this: [form=pricing_menu_clone_28]
Cloning Menu Sections Withing A Menu
In this scenario we are going to clone the "Basic" level which has 10 sub-menu items:
To clone this menu section please follow these steps:
- Hover over "ACTIONS" and click on "Clone Menu Item"
- A pop-up will display providing you with three options:
- Cancel: Cancels the cloning procedure
- Clone All Sub-Levels: This will close the primary menu item and all of the sub-menu items that belong to this primary menu item.
- Only Clone Selected: Will only clone the primary menu item, with none of the sub-menu items.