What Are Sub Accounts?
Sub Accounts are independent member accounts that can be created, edited, and deleted by a single master account. This allows a single member to have complete control over multiple other members on a site.
Sub Account Benefits
- For members that have multiple physical locations and want to create and control accounts for each of the independent locations, Sub Accounts is the perfect solution. Examples include a restaurant chain that has multiple locations, a corporation that has multiple office, or a bank that has multiple branches.
- Sub accounts are treated as completely independent accounts on the site, meaning they can make their own member feature posts (events, videos, classifieds, etc) and will appear in search results as its own independent listing.
- Sub Accounts can provide significant differentiation between membership levels at different price points - allowing members at a premium membership level to create and control multiple members at once can add a lot of value for your members.
Important Notes About Sub Accounts
- When a master account creates a Sub Account, the Sub Account will be created at the same membership level as the master account.
- Sub Accounts will never have access to the Sub Accounts feature, meaning they cannot create a third tier of Sub Account or "grandchildren" of the master account.
How To Access The Sub Accounts Feature
The Sub Accounts Feature is a premium plugin that must be purchased in order to have the functionality enabled on your site. To find out more about what the feature has to offer, please see the Q&A: Sub Accounts article here.
If you would like to have this feature installed on your site, please submit a ticket or email email@example.com to request more information about pricing and installation.
Enable Sub Accounts for a Membership Level
To add this as a feature for a membership level, simply navigate to Finance >> Manage Products, click on "Edit Settings" for the membership level you would like to activate it for, click on the "Features" tab, and then check the boxes for the Sub Accounts feature:
You can also limit the number of sub accounts members can have by toggling the "Max Limit" number here:
Using Sub Accounts as a Member
If a member logs into their account, they will see links in the sidebar for "Sub Accounts":
When a member adds a sub account, they can fill in all of the basic information for the account directly from their member dashboard:
To save time, members can click on the "Copy Details From Master Account" button:
They can then edit, delete, or login to any of their sub account directly from the primary account's member dashboard by clicking on the "View Sub Accounts" link:
Each of the Sub Accounts can be logged into and managed directly like a normal member, or they can be managed from the Dashboard of the Main Account.
Please see the Sub Accounts Q&A for even more information regarding this premium feature.