With these settings, it is possible to fully control which membership plans appear on the member's upgrade page.
To activate the "Available Upgrade Options" settings, please follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Finance >> Membership Plans.
2. Click on "Edit" for any Membership Plan:
3. Click on the "Pricing" tab:
4. There are two sections inside the "Available Upgrade Options" section for each membership plan.
The first one will allow selecting Membership Plans that these members can upgrade their accounts to. In the example above, we have selected only the "Featured" Membership plan.
- Members cannot upgrade from a paid Membership Plan to a free Membership Plan, so Membership Plans that are free will not be selectable options.
- "SELECT RECOMMENDED" will automatically select all the Membership Plans with better search results priority.
- Membership Plans that have the Account Type "claim" cannot upgrade. The listing first has to be claimed by a member, and then the member can upgrade.
The Search Priority can be configured under the "Search Visibility" tab:
5. Under the "Pricing" tab there are these options "Upgrade Page Header Content" and "Description Why Members Should Upgrade to This Plan"
The Froala Editor allows to add text, links, color, change the font, etc and this information will display as a description for this membership plan when upgrading.
Keep in mind that there is no way to add widgets or forms to the upgrade editors.
Now when free members click on the upgrade button they will see the "from" description that is linked to the "Basic" plan, and the "To" descriptions of the "Premium" plan.
This is an example of how it will look like when they click on "Upgrade Profile":
As shown on the image below, they will be able to see the descriptions we just added in the Basic and Premium Membership Plans:
To read more documentation about upgrades from the member's perception, please read this article: (Bootstrap) Member Upgrades.