There are 2 different scenarios that will allow you to add a video to a static page of your directory.
In this scenario you will be able to add a YouTube/Vimeo iframe to a static page, this is the easiest way of doing getting this done. To begin the process you will need to have an existing static page, if you need to create one please go to this article:
Once the page has been created, you will need to copy the iframe from YouTube by clicking on Share and Embed:
With the video iframe copied, you will need to paste this code in the newly created page, like so:
Important: You can easily modify the dimensions of the iframe by updating the "Width" and "Height" sections:
Click Save and click on View Page to view the video:
In this other scenario you will know how to add a video using HTML <video> tags. In order to add the video this way you will need to have the video file uploaded in your FTP. The video formats can be .mp4, .mov etc. Our recommendation is to create a folder first in your FTP where you can upload the videos to. Do note that this option will drive your website's bandwidth up faster than using an iFrame from YouTube. To get started please follow these steps:
- Go to Developers and Click on (FTP) File Manager:
- Click on the +Folder and Add the name of the new folder (we recommend "video" for the name) and it will be in the /public_html file:
- Once the folder has been created, we will need to upload the video within the video folder by clicking on upload:
- A new page will open, in here upload your video by clicking on "Select" and double clicking on the video:
Important: Make sure the name of the video does not contain any upper case letters or spaces.
- Once the video fully downloaded, you can click on "Go Back":
<video width="320" height="240" controls> <source src="nameofvideo" type="video/mp4"> <source src="nameofvideo" type="video/ogg"> Your browser does not support the video tag. </video>
This should look like this: