There are many benefits to securing your website with an SSL Certificate / HTTPS:
- All payment pages can use your own domain name, rather than the default secured "securemypayment.com" domain name that processes payments by default
- Increased confidence from your site's member's and visitors
- Potentially higher rankings from Google and other search engines (more information about Google's use of HTTPS as a ranking signal here)
- Overall increased security for all non-billing information submitted on the site (all billing information is already secured by SSL / HTTPS by default for all sites)
When you purchased this add-on individually or with the VIP package, you will have the option to install your SSL certificate yourself! Please follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings - General Settings:
2. Click on "Install SSL Secuirty" to start installing your SSL certificate:
Clicking on this link will populate this option for you, please make sure to select Yes!
When you select Yes, Continue the process will begin. This could take up to 60 seconds:
Once the process is done you will see this:
If you are haven't pointed your domain, please follow this link below to learn how to do this:
If you already have this SSL installed on your site you will be able to see this notification in your General Settings:
If you don't own this add-on you will have a message like this show up, this button will take you to purchase your SSL certificate.
Important: Your HTACCESS File will be reset in order to complete this process. Please be sure to have a backup of any custom code you might have added here.
For more information, feel free to submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org.