Learn how to create Digital Products in this article.
If not familiar with this add-on, please visit the main article Clicking Here and then come back to this one.
This feature should be used by the website owner. It should not be available as a regular post type for the members because the money will go directly to the site owner, so members won't be able to accept funds.
Examples of use:
- eBooks, Whitepapers and Digital Downloads
- Banner Ad Spots, Email Blasts and Press Releases
- Ticket Sales, Donations and Fundraising
- Profile Optimization, Monthly Boosts and Mentions
- Consulting, Paid Services and more
Let's say that we are going to sell "SEO Consulting".
The first thing to do is go to Finance >> Membership Plans >> Select the Admin Membership >> Click on Edit:
Go to the "Post Publishing" tab and activate the feature, checking the "Can Post" and save the changes:
If there isn't an Admin Membership set up, please go ahead and create one. Keep in mind, that this feature is only available for admins and not for regular members.
There are some options:
Create a Thank you Page where they can download content after they pay.
Create an Email Template where they receive the information (Download link, embedded YouTube Video, Embedded SoundCloud Audio, a form, etc).
These options will depend on what the admin wants to sell to the members.
Create a static page only and an email template only or both of them.
In this case, we are going to create a static page called: SEO/purchase
This is a simple example, but it's possible to add all the desire content.
1. Add a Title at the top.
2. The link which is seo/purchase
3. Some text and the Download Button, then copy and paste the image.
Upload a PDF file, as it's shown, the name is "PDF_example.pdf"
Then go to the static page that was just created and add the link:
In order for the page to be limited to buyers of this Digital product, select this option in order to restrict this page:
The link should be the following:
Your site.com/images/name of the image.pdf
When the page is done, the next step will be to create the Digital Product post.
Please go to the Members section in the admin and login as the admin member. (If there isn't an admin member, please go ahead and create one) :
Access the Member's Dashboard, on the left sidebar find the Website-Digital Products feature, click on it to make a new post.
Here the new Digital Product can be found and content can be added everything explained through the points mentioned and the image shown below:
1. Make sure to select the Publish >> Yes.
2. Add the Product Name.
3. Add a Price.
4. Select the Available Quantity.
5. Add the "Buy Button Text" - Call to action
6. Select the page created under Redirect Buyers to thank you page?
7. Select the email template it will be sent. There is a default email template called: Digital Product Purchase Complete, it is the default email template. This one can be used it or create a new one.
8. Enter related keywords.
9. Add a description
The description is really important, so please take the time to write all the information about the product.
In this case, we embedded a video inside the description.
If you want to add a video please go to YouTube, find the video, click on Share >> Embed:
Copy the Code:
Click on the Code View ( </> ) and paste the code:
It's also possible to embed SoundCloud audios using the Share functionality and embedding the code.
Once all of the details have been saved, add the images to the Digital Product feature.
Upload as many images as needed.
1. Add a Title to the Image.
2. Add a Description to the Image
3. An option to rotate the images is also available.
Here it is possible to Arrange the Photo Display Order:
This is how the event displays in the Member's Dashboard and its current Status:
To View, Edit, Clone or Delete the Event click on the Actions Button to display the Dropdown Menu with the corresponding options:
The members will be able to find the Digital Products using the URL: yoursite.com/digital-products