In this article, we are going to explain how to hide the UK as a Country and selecting England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales as countries instead.
Our location's system is based on Google Maps' structure and Google Maps treats the UK as a "Country" and England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales as "States" (even though technically they are sub-countries of the UK).
This is how it looks by default:
This is how it is going to look after editing the form:
Customizing the Form
1. Please go to Toolbox >> Form Manager.
- If the website is using an internal payment gateway like Stripe, PayPal Payments Pro, Authorize.net, PayPal Payflow, or eWay, edit this form "whmcs_signup_paid".
- If the website is using an external payment gateway like PayPal Standard, 2Checkout, or PayFast, edit this other form "whmcs_signup_external".
2. At the top right there is a search bar, please type "Paid"
Then select the correct form based on the information in step 1 and click on Actions >> Customize:
3. The form fields will show up, please add a number or letter on the "Field Label" and click on "Save Changes".
NOTE: We needed to add the letter or number in order for the system to save the form as custom, if we do not add any character, the system is not going to save the form as custom, so there is no way to make the edit we need.
4. Click on "Form Manager " again.
5. The custom form will show up at the top. Please click on "Edit"
6. Now we are going to delete the letter or number added in step 3 and save the changes:
7. Find this field %%%street_address%%% and click on "Add Field +":
8. Add the following on the new field:
Field Type: Hidden Field
Label Name: GB
System Variable: country_code
Also, make sure all the "Display Options" are set to YES and save the changes.
9. Then we are going to add a new field below the field we created on step 8 and we are going to add the following:
Field Type: Dropdown List
Label Name: %%%cc_country%%%
System Variable: state_code
Enter CSS Class: form-control
Display Options: Set all to YES
Add this code at the bottom:
=>(Select From List),ENG=>England,NIR=>Northern Ireland,SCT=>Scotland,WLS=>Wales
10. The next 5 "Field Label" will be:
- <div class="row"><div class="col-lg-6">
- </div><div class="col-lg-6">
For these 5 fields, make sure the "Show in Input View?" is set to NO
11. The next fields should be set to "Show in Input View?" >> YES
Now, the default "State Field" is not going to show up and the "Country" field will show these 4 options: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales.