Start a new topic
Answered

Limit the General Search results?

Wow.  What a change in the Forum. This should make it easier to find related topics.   Good Change.  Heres my question.

When someone doesn't enter ANY drill down search options, or any location info, Yet they push Search Now,   All listing members in all areas show up on the results page.

We all know people scrape the web for info,  Either with a program or manually.  Is there anyway to limit the total amount of additional pages that are generated in a search?  maybe to 3-4 pages (30-40) results?  this would force people to provide options, drill down info, maybe city or zip code etc? 

I find it unnecessary and possibly detrimental to our work to be able to find EVERY listing member.      Thanks I look forward to your answer. 

Thank you for your hard work!

Best Answer

Hi Joshua, 

Thank you for your message. This is a great question. I just had a meeting with the Development Team and you can restrict how many listings you want per page on the search results, but if you want to restrict the total of listings to 3-4 pages (30-40) results, that will be a customization request, because we need our Senior Development to work on this and implement it for you. 

To restrict the listings per page please go to members >> Membership Features >> Scroll down and find the title: "Search Result Settings", then in the option: "Results per page" type the number of listing you want to have per page.      

Hope this information helps! Please let us know if you have further questions. 

Thanks! :) 

1 Comment

Answer

Hi Joshua, 

Thank you for your message. This is a great question. I just had a meeting with the Development Team and you can restrict how many listings you want per page on the search results, but if you want to restrict the total of listings to 3-4 pages (30-40) results, that will be a customization request, because we need our Senior Development to work on this and implement it for you. 

To restrict the listings per page please go to members >> Membership Features >> Scroll down and find the title: "Search Result Settings", then in the option: "Results per page" type the number of listing you want to have per page.      

Hope this information helps! Please let us know if you have further questions. 

Thanks! :)