How To Add or Edit Categories For Post Types (events, coupons, classifieds, etc)
Some Post Types such as classifieds, coupons, and events come with a set of pre-set categories. In order to edit these categories please follow these steps:
Step 1 - Locate The Proper Post Type
1. Go to My Content > Edit Post Settings
2. Locate the desired post type to edit:
Step 2 - Edit The Categories
1. Look for the Post Categories field
2. Proceed to edit the categories while following these rules:
- No spaces
- No special characters
- It's possible to have the first category appear blank on the members drop-down box, add a "," in front of the first category to achieve this.
Note: The allowed characters for Post Categories are letters, numbers, periods and apostrophes.
If this is not an option on the site, please check the Software Updates module, which is located on the Dashboard: