Many users of the software have customized the layout of how Member Post Types (articles, coupons, videos, etc) display on a website. Sometimes a change is applied and it needs to be reverted, or simply want to apply the most recent default layout for a Member Post Type on the website.
If need to override the current code used in a Member Post Type with the most recent default version of that code, please follow the instructions below.
Install The Restore Default Code Update
- Navigate to Content » Edit Post Settings in the Admin area of the website
- Click on the "Run Update" button for the "Restore Default Code" feature
- The Success message will show up. Click on "OK".
Using The Restore Default Code Feature
- Navigate to My Content » Edit Post Settings in the Admin area of the website. Click on "Edit" for the Member Post Type that needs to be restored:
- Click on the tab that corresponds to the layout that needs to be edited (only one layout can be restored at a time - the entire post type can be restored to default by restoring each individual tab to default):
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the Member Post Type that needs to be restored. In this example, we are editing the "Classifieds" Post Type, so we will select "Classified" to restore this Post Type:
Click on the "Restore Default Code" button:
Click on I understand, Continue" to proceed. Once confirmed, all code in the "Page Header", "Page Loop", and "Page Footer" fields (if editing the Profile Page Design or the Search Results Design tabs) or "Page Layout" field (if editing the Detail Page Design tab) will be replaced with the latest default code available for the feature.
Click on "Save Changes" to apply the new code.