The One-Click Facebook Login add-on gives the users the ability to easily register and login to the website using their existing Facebook account.
This seamlessly integrates with the default login and registration system. The existing users can add or remove their linked Facebook account at any time from within their member dashboard on the website.
How To Get This Add-On
Enabling the Add-On
REQUIREMENT: Make sure to have the SSL installed on the website, otherwise the Facebook Login is not going to work.
Before the admin is able to use this great tool on the website, they will first need to create a Developer's account on Facebook. Please follow these steps in order to continue. Make sure to visit this link to get started:
1. Make sure that the admin is logged in on their Facebook account, otherwise, it will ask to create an account.
2. Once logged in please go to the App section of Facebook for Developers and create an app:
3. In the next pop up please select either Manage Business Integration:
4. Provide details about the app being created and click on Create App:
5. After the app has been created, it will be redirected to a new page. From there please make sure to click on Facebook Login Set up:
6. In the next screen please select the Web option.
7. Add the URL of the website here and click Save.
8. Next go to Settings - Basics to add the website's information.
10. Make sure to complete the Data Protection Officer Contact Information if it applies to the website and save these changes.
11. Once those steps are completed, please go to App Review - Permissions and Features. All that is required in order to make this work is the email and the person's name! Be sure that these are granted:
12. After this, copy the APP ID:
13. Go back to the Admin page and go to General Settings.
14. Click on the Integrations tab and paste the App ID in the Facebook App ID field.
15. Save Changes.
The admin also has the option to Enable the Facebook Login, if this is set to Yes the login form will contain this option:
If it's set to No, they will not have the ability to use the Facebook login but they will be able to use their Facebook account to sign up.
Also, if there isn't a key in the field, this option will never show up on the login form.
These next steps are to set up the Facebook Login in the website:
1. Once the set up has been completed, the admin will need to go to Finance - Membership Plans and edit the levels the admin wishes to grant this to.
2. Click on Member's Dashboard Tab and make sure this is set to YES:
3. Make sure to Save, even if it's already set to Yes.
If there are additional questions, feel free to submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org.