Free trial periods are an excellent way to build trust with new potential customers and boost conversion rates.
The Free Trial Period add-on allows you to define a number of free trial days for each paid membership plan.
Also keep in mind that this add-on only works with new signups, it won't work with member upgrades.
If you would like to buy this add-on please click here.
If you are member of the Vip Add-Ons Club, you get this add-on automatically. If for some reason you are not able to see it please contact us at email@example.com.
Features and Benefits:
- Increase paid membership signups
- Add a free trial period to individual membership packages.
- Choose how many days the trial period lasts
- Trial info is automatically displayed on checkout pages
- Customers are still required to provide credit card info
- Customers are automatically charged once their trial ends
- Customers are not charged if they cancel before their trial ends
How to set it up?
1. Go to the admin and navigate to "Finance" >> "Membership Plans".
2. Choose the Product (Membership level) and click on "Edit".
3. Go to the Sign Ups & Upgrades.
4.In the Set Pricing Options for This Plan section please find the "Enable Free Trial Period" and select the option: "Yes".
5. In the option "Number of Free Trial Days", please enter the number of FREE TRIAL days before billing starts.
For example: If you want to give them 7 days, type "7". Leave blank or 0 to bill right away and don't use the Free Trial.
6. Click on Save Changes.
To verify that the Free Trial was setup correctly please go to your /join page (yoursite.com/join) and click on "Create Listing".
As I chose the Premium Product, I'll click on "Create Listing" on that specific membership:
If everything was setup correctly, you should see in the "Select a Payment Option" section your Free Trial information:
- The Credit card information is going to be collected upon signup.
- If the user does not cancel (During the Free Trial period) then they will automatically be charged after the free trial period ends.
- If the credit card fails when the free trial ends, the member will be set as "Cancelled" automatically and you will see the member in the admin under Billing >> Transaction History >> Past due.
- If you would like to edit the information displayed in the Free Trial box (See image below) please follow the steps below:
1. Go to "Settings".
2. Click on "Text Labels".
3. Type "Free Trial" in the search bar and hit enter. Now 5 options will appear (Highlighted in red):
These 5 options will appear:
Free Trial Period - Line 1 Before Days:
Text: This plan includes a.
Free Trial Period - Line 1 After Days:
Text: DAY FREE TRIAL.
Free Trial Period - Line 2 Before Start Date:
Text: Your payment will start on.
Free Trial Period - Line 2 Before After Date:
Text: Type additional text if needed. It will be showed in the same line after the date.
Free Trial Period - Line 3:
Text: Type additional text if needed. It will be displayed in a new line under the date.
To learn how Stripe shows the payment intents of the free trials, please visit this article: Free Trial Payment Intents - Stripe