In this article we are going to explain all the steps you need to follow to setup your Free Trials.
Free trial periods are an excellent way to build trust with new potential customers and boost conversion rates.
The Free Trial Period add-on allows you to define a number of free trial days for each paid membership plan.
Also keep in mind that this add-on only works with new signups, it won't work with member upgrades.
If you would like to buy this add-on please click here.
If you are member of the Vip Add-Ons Club, you get this add-on automatically. If for some reason you are not able to see it please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Features and Benefits:
- Increase paid membership signups
- Add a free trial period to individual membership packages.
- Choose how many days the trial period lasts
- Trial info is automatically displayed on checkout pages
- Customers are still required to provide credit card info
- Customers are automatically charged once their trial ends
- Customers are not charged if they cancel before their trial ends
How to set it up?
1. Go to the admin and navigate to "Finance" >> "Manage Products".
2. Choose the Product (Membership level) and click on "Edit".
In this case I'm going to select the "Premium" Product.
3. Go to the Pricing Tab.
4. Find the "Enable Free Trial Period" and select the option: "Yes".
If YES, will enable free trial periods for NEW sign ups.
5. In the option "Number of Free Trial Days", please enter the number of FREE TRIAL days before billing starts.
For example: If you want to give them 7 days, type "7". Leave blank or 0 to bill right away and don't use the Free Trial.
6. Click on Save Changes.
To verify that the Free Trial was setup correctly please go to your /join page (yoursite.com/join) and click on "Create Listing".
As I chose the Premium Product, I'll click on "Create Listing" on that specific membership:
If everything was setup correctly, you should see in the "Select a Payment Option" section your Free Trial information:
- The Credit card information is going to be collected upon signup.
- If the user does not cancel (During the Free Trial period) then they will automatically be charged after the free trial period ends.
- If the credit card fails when the free trial ends, the member will be set as "Cancelled" automatically and you will see the member in the admin under Billing >> Transaction History >> Past due.
- If you would like to edit the information displayed in the Free Trial box (See image below) please follow the steps below:
1. Go to "Settings".
2. Click on "Text Labels".
3. Type "Free Trial" in the search bar and hit enter. Now 5 options will appear (Highlighted in red):
These 5 options will appear:
Free Trial Period - Line 1 Before Days:
Text: This plan includes a.
Free Trial Period - Line 1 After Days:
Text: DAY FREE TRIAL.
Free Trial Period - Line 2 Before Start Date:
Text: Your payment will start on.
Free Trial Period - Line 2 Before After Date:
Text: Type additional text if needed. It will be showed in the same line after the date.
Free Trial Period - Line 3:
Text: Type additional text if needed. It will be displayed in a new line under the date.