Finance » Membership Plans - Post Publishing
This article covers the available settings found in the "Post Publishing" Tab when editing a membership plan. In general, this section provides the ability to decide which membership plans have the ability to publish certain types of posts.
Please go to Finance >> Membership Plans:
From here go to "Post Publishing":
Configuring Post Publishing Rules for Each Post Type:
These settings provide the ability to define publishing rules and restrictions for each membership plan.
1. CAN POST: If this option is checked, members of this plan will have the ability to publish these types of posts. If this option is not checked, then the members in this membership level will not be able to publish these types of posts.
2. CAN VIEW: If the Members-Only Add-on is active and a post type is restricted to only be viewed by members and set to something other than "Keep Public for All Visitors" under Content >> Edit Post Settings.
3. This Post Moderation setting will overwrite the "Post Approval" option selected under Content >> Edit Post Settings, if select anything else other than "Use Rule from Post Settings (Default)".
The options are:
- Use Rule from Post Settings (Default): This option won't overwrite the settings selected under Content >> Edit Post Settings.
- Member Controls Publish Status
- Admin Moderates all Posts
- Auto-Publish All Posts
4. The Add-On "Limit Posts per Member" can determine the maximum number of posts a member can have published at any given time.
Limit Posts per Member lets the admin set how many articles, albums, classifieds, properties, etc. a member can publish.
Allowing members to contribute content to the website provides them with valuable visibility. Reward paying members by allowing them to publish more posts than lower-tier members.
5. The "Pay Per Post" Add-on sets a price per post type.
These are the 3 options:
- Only Free Posts. No Paid Posts.
- Only Paid Posts. No Free Posts.
- Free and Paid Posts.
Note: If the "Only Free Posts. No Paid Posts" option is set, the system won't let the admin select how many free Post can be published.
6. Max Free Posts: Set to 0 for unlimited free posts.
If the admin is editing the Members articles and it is set to "1", the members listed in this membership will only be able to add 1 article for free. If they want to add a second article they need to pay for it.
7. Price/Extra Post: The minimum value must be 1.
Here the admin can add the price members will pay per post.
The Pay Per Post add-on allows the owner of the site to charge members a set price each time they publish a piece of content to the website. Pay-per-post prices can be set per membership level.
Pay Per Post is a great way to grow the community while being profitable. The admin can offer free memberships while still generating revenue each time free members publish content.
Note: Keep in mind that if the post type was enabled in the past for members to publish post and then it is disabled within these plan settings, the published posts of the now disabled post type will not show up on the website.