In this article, we are going to show you all settings you can find in the "Profile" Tab and how they will be displayed or hidden on the site.
1. Select What Displays in the "Overview" Tab
Select the order of items that display in the main "Overview" tab on member profile pages:
2. Select Member Information to Display on Profiles
1. Show Website Link: If set to YES, the member's company website link will display on their public profile.
2. Show Social Links: If set to YES, the member's social media links will display on their public profile.
3. Show Phone Number: If set to YES, the member's phone number will display on their public profile.
4. Show Street Address: If set to YES, the member's address will display on their public profile.
Please keep in mind that if it is set to NO, it will hide the location value on the member search results as well:
5. Show "Specialties" Tab: Select Yes to hide the Specialties (Sub Categories) tab that appears on member profile pages by default.
6. Show "Click to Call" button: If set to YES, this will show the website add-on functionality.
3. Page Display Settings
1. Profile Page Sidebar: The default one is: Member Profile Page. However, a different sidebar can be added if needed.
2. "Make a Connection" / "Claim Listing" Banner Position: Use this setting to move the position of the Claim Listing Banner or the Connect Message (Free and Paid Memberships) in member profiles.
Below are the 3 options for this setting:
- Above Profile Photo:
- Below Profile Photo:
- Hide / Do not display: It will hide the section displayed on the 2 screenshots above.
3. Show Breadcrumbs: Enable or hide this secondary navigation system that shows a user's location in a site.
Example: Home / United States / California / Top Category / Name of the listing
4. Show "Send Message" Buttons & Forms: If set to YES, all links and contact forms to send these members a direct message will be hidden.
5. Enable Private Chat Messages: If enabled, members will receive direct chat messages which will replace the member receiving direct leads.
6. Show Banner Ads on Profile: If set to YES, any valid banner ad widgets will display on the member's public profile.
This setting in specific will be linked directly with the "Display Banner Advertisements?".
Find it under: Settings >> Design Settings >> Banner Ad Design >> Display Banner Advertisements?.
If this setting is set to "YES", banner ads will be visible on the website, and if the "Show Advertisements on Listing" is set to "YES", banner ads will be displayed in the member profiles of this specific membership plan.
Take into consideration that if the "Display Banner Advertisements?" is set to NO, any banner will be displayed in the site, regardless of the "Show Advertisements on Listing" is set to "YES".
Usually, advertisements are shown on the free profiles, and banners are hidden on the paid profiles.
7. Hide Website Header: If set to YES, this will hide the website header for this membership plan on their profile page.
Usually, owners of websites activate this setting to give their members the ability to have their profile as "their own site". However, we do not recommend to set it to "YES" because the visitor can not go back to the homepage and look for more members.
8. Hide Website Footer: If set to YES, this will hide the website footer for this membership level on their profile page.