Some site owners might want to receive payments from their members directly in their bank accounts by check, bank transfers, etc. Other site owners want to use a third-party payment gateway and track these payments in the admin.
In this article, we will explain how to create invoices manually and how to handle these kinds of payments in the BD admin.
Please follow the steps below:
1. Log in to the Admin area and navigate to Members >> Search Members :
2. Locate the member you wish to create a subscription for and click on Actions >> Payment History:
3. At the top right of your screen you'll see the "New Order" button, please click on it:
4. In the left side you can select the:
Membership Plan: Select the membership plan this member will be under.
Billing Cycle: Monthly, Semi-Yearly and Yearly (This will depend on the configuration you set up in the membership plan)
Price Override: Add a different amount if offered a special discount. If the amount does not need to be modified, the leave this option blank.
Start Billing On: If the susbcription need to start in the future, then select the new date here.
5. Make sure the information selected in the left side is appearing in the right side.
When everything has been setup correctly, please click on the "Create Order" button and wait less than 10 seconds.
6. The page will load automatically and and this message wll show up:
7. Since the member doesn't have a credit card on file, the system will mark the invoice as "Unpaid".
In order mark it as paid, please go to the "Past Due" tab and click on Actions >> Mark as Paid:
8. The system will show a pop-up asking to continue, please click on "Yes, Continue":
9. Then it will ask if need to Generate the next invoice for that specific subscription.
- We will recommend clicking on "No, cancel".
Why? Because when clicking on NO, the system won't generate the invoice now, it will generate it 14 days before the next due date (This is the regular invoices generation procedure).
- When clicking on "Yes, continue" it will generate the next invoice immediately.
So if today is 11/29/2020 and the next invoice should be paid on 11/29/2021 (A year later) that unpaid invoice will be appearing in the "Upcoming Payments" Section of the Transaction History for a whole year and this might be confusing for the owner of the site, especially when there are a lot of upcoming payments.
In summary, clicking on No will keep the billing order and it will be easier for you to handle the next payments.
10. Regardless of choosing "Yes or No" in the step above, the system will mark the invoice as "Paid":
To learn how to cancel/stop orders (Subscriptions) please read this article: How Do I Cancel Payment Subscriptions - Orders
For additional questions or help setting this up, please submit a ticket to [email protected] or create a ticket HERE.