Some site owners might want to receive the payments from their members directly in their bank account, it can be by check, transfers, etc. In this article, we will explain how to create the invoices manually and how to handle this kind of payments in the BD admin.
Please follow the steps below:
Even though the member doesn't have a credit card on file because he's going to pay by check, you need to create a new Order (Subscription).
To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Log in to the Admin area and navigate to Members >> Search Members :
2. Locate the member you wish to create a subscription for and click on Actions >> Payment History:
3. At the top right of your screen you'll see the "New Order" button, please click on it:
4. In the left side you can select the:
Membership Level: Select the membership level you want to choose for this specific order
Billing Cycle: Monthly, Semi-Yearly and Yearly (This will depend on the configuration you set up in the membership level itself)
Price Override: Type the amount you want to take in this specific order. If you don't wanna modify the amount please leave this option blank.
Start Billing On: Here you can change the start date of the subscription, you can select the present date or any day in the future.
5. Make sure the information you have selected in the left side is appearing in the right side.
When you have checked that everything is right, please click ONLY ONCE the "Create Oder" button and wait less than 10 seconds. If you click twice this button, the system can create the subscription duplicated.
6. After you hit the "Create Order" button, the page should load automatically and you'll see the message: "New Order Created" and a brief of the order:
7. As the member doesn't have a credit card on file, the system will mark the invoice as "Unpaid".
Then click on Actions >> Mark as Paid:
8. The system will ask you if you want to confirm the action, please click on "Yes, Continue":
9. Then it will ask you if you want to Generate the next invoice for that specific subscription.
We will recommend clicking on "No, cancel".
Why? Because if you click on NO, the system won't generate the invoice now, it will generate it 14 days before the next due date (As the regular invoices procedure).
If you click on "Yes, continue" it will generate the next invoice immediately. So if today is 11/29/2018 and the next invoice should be paid on 11/29/2019 (A year later) that unpaid invoice will be appearing in your "Upcoming Payments" Section of the Transaction History for a whole year and this might be confusing for you, especially when you have a lot of upcoming payments. However, if you click on "No cancel" the unpaid invoice will be generated 14 days before the next due date, on 11/15/2019.
Clicking on No will keep the billing order and it will be easier for you to handle the next payments.
10. Regardless if you chose "Yes or No" in the step above, the system will mark the invoice as "Paid":