Once this add-on is activated, the site members will be able to chat live with each other!
To turn this on, please follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings >> General Settings:
2. Click on Integrations Tab:
3. Scroll down until the option to Enable Private Chat Messages for Members appears and select Yes:
4. The notifications to the user/admin can be turned on or off here:
- Notification emails will be sent out to both sender and receiver every time the private chat being used.
- The sender will get an email about the confirmation of the message sent.
- The receiver will get an email about the message they received and they will have a direct link to login and reply.
- All the email templates are customizable.
5. Save Changes.
Now that this has been activated for the site, we will need to determine which membership levels will have access to this add-on. To do this please follow these steps:
1. Go to Finance >> Membership Plans:
2. Select the Membership Plan that will be granted this add-on to and click Edit:
3. Click on the Profile Page tab and scroll down to the "Page Display Settings" section, and select Yes:
Important: Enabling this add-on, all direct messages will only be available from member to member. If the member is not logged in, it will not allow them to send a direct message to each other. However, the general get matched form will still be available for non-members.
So if a member is logged in and he searches for another member's profile, he can now send him a direct message:
As shown below, the regular contact form won't appear, instead, this other message field will appear:
Once the message is sent, it will redirect to the thread of the messages where the full conversation can be seen:
And the member that received the message will get a notification:
The members will have the ability to report any messages to the admin, this way if they are being harassed, it is possible to block the member for them.
Members will also have the option to upload images to the chat reply:
The admin will be able to review all Direct Chats within the admin area, this is located in the Leads section, under Leads >> Chat Messages.
The admin will be also able to read the thread that was reported, clicking on the "Read Thread" button:
NOTE: If both of the members from the private chat conversation are deleted, their chat history will no longer be available.
For help with this or any other questions, feel free to submit a ticket HERE.