Generate additional revenue from members by selling digital products and services directly through the website.
Sell ebook downloads, banner ad placements, marketing services and more. Your website will automatically charge the member’s credit card. They will then receive a confirmation email and be redirected to a confirmation/download page.
How To Get This Add-On
NOTE: In order to utilize this add-on, your website requires a secure HTTPS connection. You can get an SSL Certificate HERE if your website does not currently have one.
We also recommend for admins to read this article: How to add Digital Products
Enabling the Add-On
1. Go to Finance - Membership Plans:
2. Select the Admin membership level:
3. Go to Post Publishing tab and scroll down to activate the Website - Digital Products Feature:
Access the Admin Member Dashboard, on the left sidebar find the Website - Digital Products Feature, click on it to add a new one.
1. Publish content on the site or save it as a draft.
2. Add the Title of the Digital Product.
3. Add a Price - Product can be set as $0 and it would be free and no CC would be required.
4. Select the Available Quantity.
5. Add the "Buy Button Text" - Call to action
6. Redirect the members after a purchase to a "thank you" page or a custom page within the web pages.
7. Select the email template it will be sent. There is a default email template called: Digital Product Purchase Complete, it is the default email template. This one can be used it or create a new one.
8.Select the email template that will be sent to the publisher(Admin) of the digital product. There is a default email template called: Digital Product Purchase Complete, it is the default email template. This one can be used it or create a new one.
9. Enter related keywords.
10. Add a description
Once all of the details have been saved, add the images to the Digital Product feature.
It's possible to sell ebook downloads, banner ad placements, marketing services and more. The website will automatically charge the member’s credit card. They will then receive a confirmation email and be redirected to a confirmation/download page. This is determined on point 6 and/or 7.
To learn how to create a custom static page with a downloadable PDF, please see the link below:
Important: in order for someone to be able to purchase a digital product they must be logged in as a member with a credit card on file.
When a Digital Product is purchased, the sale history can be found here:
If a member that didn't purchase the digital product tries to access the digital download page they will get this message with a link to purchase the Digital Product:
The admin can watch this walkthrough video on how they can take advantage of this great add-on: