You can use the "Featured Blog Article Slider" add-on functionality to show single photo posts such as blogs (Default), articles, coupons, jobs and events.
If you would like to use this add-on with any of the posts mentioned above, please follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings >> Design Settings
2. Click on Homepage Layout.
3. Then click on Homepage Section Order.
4. Select the "Show Featured Blog Article Slider" option in any of the sections.
5. Now, go to the Homepage Section Order Options.
6. Select the option "Featured Blog Article Slider"
7. Choose the post type you want to use: articles, coupons, jobs or events. In this case, I'll use the events post type, so I'll choose "Events".
8. By default, the Blog Form has a field to display the "Featured Post Input", so in order to add these new posts, we need to add this same field to the events form.
Please go to Toolbox >> Form Manager.
9. Find the form you need to customize (Articles, coupons, jobs or events).
10. Click on Actions >> Customize.
I'm going to customize the "Events" form because I'm using this post type as an example but if you are going to use another post, please use the following forms:
- Articles: member_article_fields
- Coupons: coupon_fields
- Jobs: job_fields
- Events: event_fields
11. Click on "New Field".
12. Select "Custom HTML" as the Field Type.
13. In the"Label Name" option, paste this widget: [widget=Bootstrap Theme - Display - Feature Post Input]
14. Show in Display View? need to be set to "No".
15. Show in Input View? need to be set to "Yes".
16. Save the changes.
You will see this same page, please do not make any changes, just click on "Save".
Once this has been added. You will see a new field in the "Events" form. It will allow you to select the posts you want to show in the homepage slider.
Before the form customization:
After the form customization:
Now, when an event is added, we can select which event to show in the homepage slider.
They will look like this:
Keep in mind that this add-on won't work with multiple photo posts such as properties, photo albums, classifieds, products, etc.