This is a Free Add-On and Enabled on All Websites
With the Community Comments Add-On, enable comments on all of the Post Type detail pages by logged-in members.
Add native comment functionality to the website. Logged-in, active members will be able to leave comments on the website’s content and reply to other members’ comments.
This website add-on eliminates the need to use a third-party solution, such as Disqus, and provides a seamless user experience.
Enabling the Add-On
- Go to Interactions » Post Comments:
- In the next page click on "Comment Settings":
- Within Comment Settings select "Yes" to enable the functionality:
- Select the post types that will allow comments, keep in mind it's possible to filter by keyword:
- Add the Default Title Text for Comments Section and the Maximum Character Limit of Each Comment (1000 characters is the maximum limit):
- After selecting the post types that allow comments, a list of settings will appear to configure the functionality per post type, click on each tab to review them:
In-Depth Look at the Settings
1. Use an alternate title for this Comment Section: This option allows admins to use a different title per post type, instead of the default one. This is what the title will look like:
2. Moderate Comments Before Being Published: These comments can be approved/declined in the backend Admin dashboard explained in the section below.
Text Label Variable: comments_pending_approval
3. Display Comments Count In Search Results?
4. Display Comments Count on Post Details Page:
Yes - Above Post
Yes - Above Comment Section
Yes - Above Post and Comment Section
Showing Member Badges on Post Comments
If the Member Badges Add-on is enabled on the website, the badges will display once a comment is submitted:
Filter Post Comments via Keyword Search
Available Sort Order Options for Comments
- Bulk Change Status:
- Post Type
- Filter Status
- Member Name or ID
- Keyword or Post Title
Individual Actions within each Comment
- Actions Drop-down:
- Member Information:
- Individual Status Change:
- Post Title Link:
- "View All Comments":
- Edit the comment:
NOTE: Members must be active in order to be able to post a comment. If a not active member attempts to comment a post an error message will display letting them know their account must be active: