WIth the Community Comments Add-On, enable comments on all of the Post Type detail pages by logged-in members.
Add native comment functionality to the website. Logged-in members will be able to leave comments on the website’s content and reply to other members’ comments.
This website add-on eliminates the need to use a third-party solution, such as Disqus, and provides a seamless user experience.
- Go to Content » Post Comments and inside Post Comments click on "Comment Settings":
- Within Comment Settings select "Yes" to enable the functionality:
- Now all of the settings will appear:
- Click "Save" to use the default settings for this functionality.
In-Depth Look at the Settings
1. Comments Section Title Text:
2. Set the Maximum Character Limit for Comments:
If no maximum is set, there won't be a limit to the characters allowed in the comment.
3. Moderate Comments Before Being Published:
These comments can be approved/declined in the backend Admin dashboard explained in the section below.
Text Label Variable: comments_pending_approval
3. Enable For All Post Types?
If selecting "No" - it is important to check the Post Types that will be able to receive comments. Otherwise the comments will not be enabled for any of the post types.
5. Display Comments Count:
Yes - Above Post
Yes - Above Comment Section
Yes - Above Post and Comment Section
6. Display Comments Count In Search Results?
- Bulk Change Status:
- Post Type
- Filter Status
- Member Name or ID
- Keyword or Post Title
Individual Actions within each Comment
- Actions Drop-down:
- Member Information:
- Individual Status Change:
- Post Title Link:
- "View All Comments":