Members of the site will undoubtedly post high quality content that demands to be commented on. Luckily it is very easy to add the ability for users of the site to publish comments on any kind of member post on the site - events, classifieds, photo albums, coupons, job postings, videos, articles, etc.
To add comments to a specific member post, first sign up for a commenting platform. We recommend Disqus (the longtime market leader of commenting platforms).
Once an account has been created, a code will be provided to paste on the site wherever the admin would like the option to comment to appear. Please see the Disqus Knowledgebase for more information about this code.
Once the code has been copied to the clipboard, login to the Admin area of the site, and follow these steps:
- Navigate to Content - Edit Post Settings
- Locate the post type to add comments to in the "Edit Post Settings" section
- Click on the "Edit" button for this feature
- Find the Detail Pages tab
- Scroll all of the way down the page until the "Comments Code" area becomes visible. Paste the code from the commenting solution here:
Click the "Save Changes" button at the bottom of the page
Now when navigating to a single post in a Membership Post (a single Video, single Article, single Photo Album, etc), the comments section will become visible and appear at the bottom of the page where users can now post comments.