Customizing the text used throughout a site is both very useful and can involve a long process, especially if you have to change the same text over and over again across many different pages of your site. To learn how to identify text labels on your site, navigate to the following link: How To Locate Text Labels On The Front End Of Your Website
For example, the word "company" is used in many pages throughout the site, but some website owners may prefer to use a different word for this, like "startup", depending on the topic of the site.
The good news is, we have a solution for this to change the same word used in multiple locations by just changing it a single time! We call this feature "Text Labels".
To access all of the Text Labels of your site and make updates to them, please follow these steps:
- Login to the Admin area of your site
- Navigate to Settings >> Text Labels
- Type in the text you are interested in replacing into the "Search" field:
As you type text into this field, it will automatically filter all of the available Text Labels to show only the ones that match what was typed in the search.
- Once you locate the Text Label you would like to update, replace the text currently in the field with the new text you wish to appear on your site
- Click the "Save Changes" button
Here is an example of finding the "Contact Details" Text Label used on live member profile pages: