Welcome to the General Settings video for Brilliant Directories' Quick Start Setup Guide. This video will guide you through how to set up Google reCaptcha so that you can use it on your Brilliant Directories website to help reduce spam.
NOTE: Before completing this step, you must FIRST connect your live domain name. Please see: How To Move Your Site To Your Live Domain.
You will need to have your recaptcha key set up in order to have your public forms prevent SPAM. As Google describes it, "reCAPTCHA is a free service that protects your website from spam and abuse. reCAPTCHA uses an advanced risk analysis engine and adaptive CAPTCHAs to keep automated software from engaging in abusive activities on your site. It does this while letting your valid users pass through with ease." You can read more about reCAPTCHA HERE.
Please follow these instructions to complete the setup:
1. Sign in to the Gmail Account being used for your business.
3. Provide a label name for the reCAPTCHA key.
4. Choose the reCAPTCHA V2.
5. Provide the URL of your website's URL and temporary URL if applicable.
6. Accept the Terms of Service.
7. Click on Register.
8. Copy the Site Key Provided.
9. Copy the Secret Key Provided.
10. Go into your admin page and click on Settings >> General Settings.
11. Click on the Integrations tab.
12. Paste the Site Key into the Google ReCaptcha Site Key Field.
13. Paste the Secret Key into the Google Recaptcha Secret Key field.
14. Save the Changes.