It is now easier than ever to customize the search result order for members and post types. Here are the seven options currently available:
To easily change the Sorting option, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to Content - Edit Post Settings and click on "edit" for the post type in which the sorting order will be customized:
- Move to the Search Results Design Tab
- Scroll down and expand the Additional Settings.
- Scroll down to "Order Results By".
- Choose the Sorting Option. The Options are: Most Reviews, Name A-Z, Name Z-A, Random, Member/Post ID (Newest first), Member/Post ID (Oldest first) and the Default Option.
- Click on "Save Changes"
Now every time a search is conducted, the results will be filtered and presented by the selected option, including the ability to sort by Random.
Additionally, the sort order options will be available on the front end of the site for members and visitors to select how they would like the results to be displayed:
If the admin does not want one of the available sort options to show on the front end, the corresponding Text Label needs to be edited and left blank by deleting the text:
*Please refer to this article to learn more about text labels : Settings » Text Labels
On this example, after deleting the text label the " Sort by Name A-Z" it no longer shows in the front end of the site: