Start generating passive revenue with the Claimable Business Listing Add-On. This tool converts imported business data into paying members – a strategy used by Yelp and Yellow Pages.
When they find their business profile on the website, they can pay the website to CLAIM that listing and take over the account and add more relevant information about their business.
How To Get This Add-On
Using the Add-On
Below the admin will find the necessary steps and flow to understand Claim Listings:
- What are claim listings?
- Create a Membership Level / Product that will act as a placeholder for the claim listing profiles.
- Assign the Claim Listing Level to the members that the admin has imported.
- See how a member claim their listing.
VIDEO: Claimable Business Listings - Best Practices & Use Cases Highly Recommended.
1. What are Claim Listings?
Make sure to read these 3 articles thoroughly:
2. Create a Membership Level / Product That will act as a Placeholder for the Claim Listing Profiles
Please go to:
Finance >> Membership plans >> Click on Membership plan +
On this new membership plan, we are going to add a title, in this example, we are going to call it "My Claim Listings" because it is just a placeholder, a vessel to group our Claim Listing Members.
On the Sign Ups & Upgrades we are going to select under Account Type: "Claim", once done click on Save Changes:
NOTE: When the account type is saved as "Claim", the system will disable the "Sign-Up Page" URL.
So now we have our Claim Listings Plan:
3. Assign the Claim Listing Level to the Members That the admin is Importing
- It is not necessary to add an email to the import file because the system will auto-generate emails for them.
- If the admin does not know how to format the CSV import file please check the following resource Importing Members Via CSV file.
Once the import file is ready to be imported, the admin must do the following so the claim listing members are in the proper membership level:
Please go to:
Members >> Import Members >> Import CSV File:
Then select the membership plan "My Claim Listings":
Now go to Finance >> Membership Plans to view the claim listing members:
4. See How the Members Claim Their Listing
Please go to:
Members >> Search Members >> Click on Actions >> View Live Profile:
Now the admin can see that there is a Claim Listing message, the prospective member will need to click the Claim Listing button to claim their listing:
Once they clicked the button, the system will take them to the pricing page to select the Membership Level or Product, that they would like to acquire on the website:
The website will take them to a secure page to add their email and password:
Lastly, they can add all of their details to their profile: