There are different variations to the Header Search, you can edit this setting in SETTINGS >> DESIGN SETTINGS >> Header Design tab.
Show Keyword + Location (default)
- What Keywords is this field looking for?
- Company Name / Individual Name
- Categories (Top >> Sub >> Sub Sub) Something important for you to know is that there is a priority on how these categories are displayed. EG. If you have a Top Category called "Music Academy" and a Sub Category "Music Masterclass", the Top Category "Music Academy" will show up in Search Results, both categories have the same word at the beginning "Music" so the system will pick the one with the higher priority, in this case the Top Category, also a keyword search that is an *exact match* for the name of a category will *only* return results in that category. We also recommend reading All About The Keyword Auto-Suggest For Member Searches so you can provide a more detailed search for your visitors.
- If you acquire the Search Member Keywords Add-on It will index all text on your members’ profile pages including custom text areas and form fields.
IMPORTANT: The Keyword field is not going to provide results from Membership Features, there are specific modules for these, you can check them down below on this article.
Hide Header Search
- No Search is going to appear on the Header.
Only Location Search
- This mode will only look for location.
Only Keyword Search
- Looks only for Keywords.
Hide Search / Show Banner Ad
- This mode will remove the search completely, instead it is going to use the Banner Ad designated by you on the Banner Ad Design Tab.
Show Social Media Links
- The Social Media details that you added on (SETTINGS >> GENERAL SETTINGS >> SOCIAL MEDIA) are going to display in this section.
Specific Membership Features Search
These are Search modes for specific Membership Features, this will be determined by the needs of your site. These will search for the name of the post.