The Edit Post Settings is the place where the post types can be edited, deleted and or clone. The default post types that show are:
- Community Article
- Website Blog Article
- Photo Album
- Job Listing
- My Favorites
When editing a post type, there are 4 available tabs with different settings: General Settings, Profile Page Design, Search Results Design and Detail Page Design
General Settings Tab - Here is where most of the edits take place.
1. URL Permalink: If desire, update the URL of the post type search results. Refer to this article to learn more about How To Change The Name, Title & URL Of A Post Type.
2. Post Sidebar Icon: Select the icon used to represent this post type in member's dashboard sidebar menu.
3. Select Form to Use: Choose the form that will be used when publishing a post. Click on the hyperlink to access and edit the form.
4. Post Categories: Some Post Types such as properties, coupons and events come with a set of pre-set categories. Click on this article for more details How To Add Or Edit Categories For Post Types (Events, Coupons, Properties, Etc)
5. Additional Settings: These settings may vary from one post type to another. These are the ones available for the post type "Classifieds":
6. Price Slider: Some Post Types, like Classifieds, for example, have sliders in their search widgets that allow a user to select a range of values for the price. Click on this link to learn how to Edit The Min & Max Value of Price Sliders
7. Display Map When Entering Location Information?: This setting will control to display the map or not. Here is an article with more helpful information on Google Maps: Reducing Usage and Costs
Profile Page Design Tab - Move to this tab to set up the information regarding how the post will be displayed on the member public profile.
1. Profile Page Tab Title: Change the title that will be displayed on the front end tab.
2. Profile Page Tab Order: Choose the position of the tab by assigning a number.
3. Number of Posts Displayed in Tab: Set the number of posts to be displayed.
The information will be displayed on the live profile of the member like this:
Additionally, the header, page loop and footer codes of the Profile Page design can be edited. However, we do not recommend changing these options unless it's handled by a developer or someone with knowledge of web development.
Search Results Design Tab - Edit and set up the search results settings for a specific post on this section.
1. Search Results Page Title - H1: Edit the text for the post type title.
2. Search Results Page Sub-Title - H2: If desire, add a subtitle.
3. Search Results per Page: This controls how many total results will appear on a search results page by default.
The option to edit the header, loop and footer codes of the search results design design is available as well.
Additional settings will show when scrolling down, edit them accordingly:
Detail Page Design Tab - On this section is possible to edit and choose different settings for the post detail page.
1. Single Page Template Code: On this field, additional custom code can be added. We do not recommend changing this code unless a developer is working on the site.
2. Restore Default Code for this Post Type: If changes have been made and will like to retrieve to the default post type it is possible by selecting this option
Scroll down for more options:
3. Sidebar to Use: Name of the Sidebar that will be displayed on the search result pages
4. Comments Section Title: It is possible to add the ability for users of the site to post comments on any kind of post type. On this field the title for the "comments" can be edited.
5. Embed Code for Comments & Schema Markup: To add comments to a specific post type first sign up for a commenting platform, once a code is provided paste it here. To learn more about this, please refer to the following article How To Allow Users To Comment On Content / Post Types
If a mistake is made while editing the post types it is possible to reset the post type back to default, please read the article below:
Hover over actions to either clone or deleter the post type:
1. Clone: When clicking on this option a copy of the post type will be created. On the example below, the Website - Digital Product post type was copied.
2. Delete: Before deleting a post type that has posts in it, an option to move the post to another post type will become available.
Once the new Post Type has been selected, all posts will be transferred.
For more information feel free to submit a ticket HERE