By default the members have the option to publish and unpublish their posts on the website. The Advanced Post Moderation add-on allows the admin to decide how certain types of posts are published on the website.
Require a website admin to approve and publish member posts or allow members to publish and unpublish their own posts.
How To Get This Add-On
Enabling the Add-On
1. Go to My Content - Edit Post Settings:
2. Click Edit for the feature the admin wish to moderate.
3. In the next page, scroll down and expand the additional settings, the admin will see the Post Approval options:
5. Once this has been implemented, the members content won't be published automatically.
Now the form won't contain the "Publish" option, please see screenshots below for reference.
Manually Approve the Content
To manually Publish the content of articles, coupons, jobs, events, videos, etc. Please follow the steps below:
1. Go to Content - Manage Post.
2. Click on the top where it will redirect to the post to be approved:
3. Click on "Live Page" to review the content or edit the post before approving:
5. Once the admin viewed, edited or confirmed the user's content, use the check-mark to select the content.
6. Select action to apply.
7. Click on Apply.
The admin now has the option to notify the member that created the post after they've approved the post:
The email template that will be used is post-approved-by-admin, to learn how to manage the email templates please refer to this article.
Important: Remember when moderating content, constantly check the member's content and update it. Anything that requires to be moderated before publishing will remain as a draft until approved for publishing.