Install 3rd Party SSL
To install a 3rd party SSL Certificate through the cPanel interface follow these steps:
- Login to cPanel, first login to the Admin area of the website and navigate to Developer Hub >> cPanel Dashboard:
**Important Note: The cPanel dashboard layout is continuously being updated, however, all the instructions presented in this article apply in the same way.
- Once logged in to cPanel, click on the "SSL/TLS" icon in the "Security" section:
- From here, first click on "Install and manage SSL for your site (https)", as this will be required when purchasing the SSL Certificate. For more information on this step, please see the cPanel documentation on this topic.
- Once the SSL provider sends the certificate, install it. To do this, follow steps 1 and 2 above, and then click on "Manage SSL Sites". The SSL certificate can be installed on this page. For more information on this step, please see the cPanel documentation on this topic.
- Once the 3rd party SSL certificate has been installed correctly, navigate to Settings >> Domain Manager >> SSL Security and click on the highlighted link to enable SSL on the site:
If the SSL Certificate is installed this way, the site owner/admin must renew it manually every time the SSL Certificate expires.
As an alternative, our team can acquire, install, and activate an SSL Certificate for the site, this is available as an Add-On. If choosing this option, we will also provide maintenance for the SSL Certificate, and will make sure it is replaced before it expires as long as the subscription for this Add-On is active.