To install a 3rd party SSL Certificate through the cPanel interface follow these steps:
- Login to cPanel, first login to the Admin area of the website and navigate to Developer Hub >> cPanel Dashboard:
- Once logged in to cPanel, click on the "SSL/TLS" icon in the "Security" section:
- From here, first click on "Generate, view, or delete SSL certificate signing requests", as this will be required when purchasing the SSL Certificate. For more information on this step, please see the cPanel documentation on this topic.
- Once the SSL provider sends the certificate, install it. To do this, follow steps 1 and 2 above, and then click on "Manage SSL Sites". The SSL certificate can be installed on this page. For more information on this step, please see the cPanel doumentation on this topic.
- Once the 3rd party SSL certificate has been installed, submit a ticket requesting that we enable all of the settings for the site to route traffic to HTTPS.
If the SSL Certificate is installed this way, the site owner/admin must renew it manually every time the SSL Certificate expires.
As an alternative, if you would prefer to have our team acquire, install, and activate an SSL Certificate for the site, this is available as an Add-On. If choosing this option, we will also provide maintenance for the SSL Certificate, and will make sure it is replaced before it expires as long as the subscription for this Add-On is active.