You can install a 3rd party SSL Certificate through the cPanel interface:
- Login to your cPanel account, first login to the Admin area of your website and navigate to Developers >> cPanel Dashboard in the sidebar:
- Once logged in to cPanel, you will be able to click on the "SSL/TLS" icon in the "Security" section:
- From here, you will first need to click on "Generate, view, or delete SSL certificate signing requests", as this will be required when purchasing your SSL Certificate. For more information on this step, please see the cPanel documentation on this topic.
- Once the SSL provider sends you your certificate, you can install it. To do this, follow steps 1 and 2 above, and then click on "Manage SSL Sites". The SSL certificate can be installed on this page. For more information on this step, please see the cPanel doumentation on this topic.
- Once you have successfully installed your own certificate, simply submit a ticket requesting that we enable all of the settings for your site to route traffic to HTTPS.
Once the SSL Certificate is installed this way, you must renew it manually every time the SSL Certificate expires.
As an alternative, if you would prefer to have our team acquire, install, and activate an SSL Certificate for you, this is available as an Add-On. If you choose this option, we will also provide maintenance for the SSL Certificate, and will make sure it is replaced before it expires as long as your subscription for this Add-On is active.