This functionality allows to edit and add custom elements on posts search results pages (general and for specific post categories) by turning them into static pages. In order to achieve this follow these steps:
Access the Admin Dashboard and navigate to Content >> Web Page Builder >> Click on "New Web Page +":
Once the new page has been created, edit it accordingly. Please see the following points mentioned on the images shown below:
1. Add a Title.
2. Add a Sub title.
3. Select the Page Type as "Post Search Results".
4. Restrict this page to be only visible for the buyers of the selected Digital Product: Only available with the Sell Digital Downloads Add On
5. Choose the Post Type to be linked. On this example, the "Community Article" post type has been chosen.
6. Select the Target Category: Choose either Main Page which will display all the published posts from that post type or pick one category to display the published posts listed under a specific category. Click on this link to learn more about Adding Or Editing Categories To Post Types.
** Important Note: When linking the page to the Post Type Properties, the only available option to choose from the Target Category is Main Page.
7. Add pre-made content blacks to the page. Click on this article to learn more Draggable Content Blocks
8. Adjust the Display Settings. Click HERE for more information
9. If desired, add a Hero Section. Check this article for more helpful information on How To Add A Hero Section To Your Static Pages.
10. Edit The SEO & Social Media Settings of the newly created static page.
11. Do not forget to save the changes.
This is an example of a Static Page created for the post type "Community Articles" showing the results for all published articles (Main Page option selected on step 5):
On this other example, the results display only articles listed under the selected category "Information":
For more information, feel free to submit a ticket HERE.