The following steps outline the procedure for your members to use in order to upgrade to a higher membership level:
1. Click on Upgrade in the Member Dashboard:
2. Select the membership level that you would like to upgrade to and click on "Continue With Upgrade". Please note only membership levels with a higher Search Result Priority and that have "Upgrade Available" set to "Yes" will appear as options here:
3. Select which plan you would like to signup for:
4. The billing module will confirm the amount to be paid. The system will not attempt to prorate the upgrade price in any way - it will charge the full amount of the new Membership Level (In this case is the Premium for $1.99) and will start a new subscription.
Example: If a member purchased a Basic Membership for $1 on 02/15/2018 and 15 days later (02/30/2018) they upgrade to the Premium Membership which is $1.99, the system will start a new subscription for $1.99 on 02/30/2018 and the old subscription for the Basic Membership will be cancelled.
The system will not refund the unused portion of the old membership. However, an Admin of the site can issue a partial refund from the payment gateway account (Stripe, checkout, Authorize.net, PayPal Payments Pro, etc)
5. A success message will appear if the transaction was successfully charged:
6. If the member upgrades to the highest membership level available, the prompt to upgrade will disappear on their dashboard:
7. If the member goes to his Billing section, he can view or download his invoices: (If you login as a member and can't see this section please contact us)
8. From the owner's perspective (Admin), the transaction will appear as an upgrade in the member's Transaction History:
*To find this section please find the member and click on Actions >> Payment History:
9. The payment will also appear under Finance >> "Transaction History":