The billing module of the software allows an Admin to issue a refund for transactions completed through the site.
Important: Please read the following disclaimer. Brilliant Directories does not provide documentation on the various payment merchants. Please contact your payment merchant to find out if your account will encounter any of the following limitations:
- Some payment gateways do not permit refunds.
- Some payment gateways such as Authorize.net require at least 24 hours to pass prior to allowing a refund to be generated.
- Some payment gateways do not allow refunds through 3rd party websites, like from the Brilliant Directories admin.
- Refunds can only be processed if the time-frame window for a refund is still open. For example, PayPal allows refunds within 6 months of the transaction.
- If the payment gateway of a site is changed after transactions have been processed (from PayPal Pro to Authorize.net for example), refunds refunds for transactions completed through the first payment gateway cannot be done through the Admin of the site. Refunds for these transactions would have to be completed by logging directly into the payment gateway account.
5. You will be redirected to the Transactions tab, where you can find the purchase you wish to refund.
Click on the Actions >> "Refund Payment" to refund the payment:
6. Confirm that you would like to refund that payment, clicking on the "Yes, Refund!" button:
7. You should see the message "Refund Successful":
8. The Invoice will now show in the "Refunded" tab.
Refunding a payment will NOT stop the active Subscription. If it is a recurring subscription, the member will continue to be billed until you click on "End Subscription".