- Login to the Admin area of the site.
- Navigate to Developer Tools >> 301 Redirects:
- Click on the “Add Redirects” button on the Top Right of the screen:
- In the “Old Page” column, enter the URL of the page to create a redirect for and in the “Redirects to” column, enter the new page that the old URL to redirect to.
Note: Source URL can be from any online website, the Target URL can be only to the Brilliant Directories site.
For example, in order to forward the page http://www.your-domain.com/old-page to http://www.your-domain.com/new-page enter old-page into the “Old Page” column and enter new-page into the “Redirect to” column. Similarly, to add a redirect for a page that is inside of a folder on the directory (http://www.your-domain.com/directory/old-page) then don't add the domain before entering the relative URL of the page to redirect. See below for an example of both:
Enter up to 3 redirects at a time using this method.
- If necessary add a note as a reminder of what the 301 redirect rule is for:
Finally, click on the “Save Redirects” button to implement them on the site: