How to setup a subdomain
- Login to your cPanel account by clicking on the cPanel link in the top of the Admin area of your site:
- Create a new subdomain (EG blog.mywebsite.com) by clicking on the "Subdomains" link in cPanel and following the instructions found in the cPanel documentation
- Point the CNAME record of your new subdomain to the alternate platform you will be hosting the sub-domain on. For example, domains.samplehosting.com
- Login to cPanel as shown above
- Click on "Advanced Zone Editor"
- Find all of the zone files associated with the subdomain created above. For example, if you created a subdomain at blog.mywebsite.com, there will be several records that contain blog.mywebsite.com in them. These may include things like
- For each of these items, do the following:
Click on "Edit"
Select "CNAME" in the "Type" dropdown
Enter "domains.samplehosting.com" into the CNAME field that appears
Click on the "Edit Record" button
Once you have completed the above steps, your subdomain is live and pointed to your new hosting company.
How do I know if I set up my domain properly?
After re-configuring your domain, you must wait up to 72 hours for the changes to take effect.
If you do not see your cPanel account on your Brilliant Directories site, please notify us through the ticket system and we will help you.