After you setup the Products (Membership Levels), we recommend performing a few tests to make sure your payment gateway is properly setup prior to launching your website. Please note it will be possible to refund your test purchases.
Below are instructions on how to test the various layers of the billing module:
1. Temporarily edit the Product (Membership Level) monthly price to $1. This is not necessary, however is a good practice for test purchases using real credit cards. To do this please go to the admin and click on Finance >> Manage Products.
2. Select one of the Paid Products and click on Edit
3. Then go to the Pricing Tab and change the amount of the monthly membership to $1.
*Note: Do not select the "Admin Only" option for this test, because you will signup as a new member, not as an admin. This option will hide the payment information in the payment form.
4. Save the Changes.
5. To continue with this test you have 2 options:
- Go to your pricing page (yoursite.com/join) and click on the "Sign Up" button that is associated to your $1 test.
- After you saved the changes, click on the "X" button in the right side and then click on
6. Both of them will redirect you to the payment form.
Complete the form while making sure you've selected the $1 option.
7. If you scroll down you can add the credit card information.
Please note, if you do not see a place to enter the credit card information it will most likely be because you've set that membership level type as "free" rather than "Paid". To correct this mistake please go to step 3.
Important Notes in this step:
- If you are using Stripe the look of the Enter Credit Information fields will change a little bit. Please see image above.
- If you are using PayPal Standard, PayFast. 2Checkout or any other external payment gateway, the credit card fields won't appear in this form, after the member added his contact information, the system will redirect him to their website in order for them to pay. For example: If you setup PayPal Standard, they will be redirected to PayPal to create a PayPal account or login in their existing one to pay.
- If you are using PayPal Payments Pro, Authorize.net or any other internal payment gateway, this section will look like this:
9. After you filled the form and clicked on "Create my listing", you should receive a "Congratulations" message as the one in the image below.
If you receive an error message please verify that you setup the Product (Membership Level) correctly.
10. The system will login the member automatically into his account.
From Owner's Perspective
After all the steps below were completed, a new profile will be created as "Active" in the member's section.
Also, a transaction will appear in the "Transaction History" section in the Finance tab of your Admin area.
If you would like to learn more information about Products (Membership Levels) please read the articles below: